This week is Sparkling Wine Week! What does that mean for you? It means that it’s time to celebrate all things bubbly. From Prosecco to Cava, sparkling wine is a delicious way to toast the holidays. In this blog post, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about sparkling wine, including how to choose the right bottle and how to serve it. We’ll also share some recipes for sparkling wine cocktails that will get your party started!
Celebrating Sparkling Wine Week
What is Sparkling Wine Week?
The first week of July is officially Sparkling Wine Week, a time to celebrate all things bubbly. Whether you’re a fan of Prosecco, Cava, or Champagne, this is the week to enjoy a glass (or two) of your favorite sparkling wine.
How to Choose the Right Bottle of Sparkling Wine
When it comes to choosing a bottle of sparkling wine, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider what type of occasion you’ll be using it for. If you’re planning on serving it as an aperitif before dinner, look for something dry and light-bodied like Prosecco or Blanc de Blancs Champagne. These wines will whet your appetite without being too filling. For a festive dinner party, go for a richer style of Champagne or sparkling wine. These wines will stand up to heartier dishes and have enough body to satisfy your guests.
How to Serve Sparkling Wine
Once you’ve chosen the right bottle of sparkling wine, it’s time to learn how to serve it properly. First, make sure the wine is well-chilled before serving. Champagne and other sparkling wines are best served at around 45 degrees Fahrenheit. To chill your wine quickly, pop it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before serving. When you’re ready to pour, start by holding the bottle at a 45-degree angle and gently twisting the base of the bottle. This will help ensure that the wine stays bubbly when it’s poured. Next, aim for the middle of your glass, using a gentle pour to avoid foam buildup. Serve sparkling wine in flute glasses so that you can appreciate the bubbles and the aroma of the wine.
Sparkling Wine Cocktail Recipes
Now that you know how to choose and serve sparkling wine, it’s time to get creative with some cocktails! Here are a few of our favorite recipes:
– The Classic Champagne Cocktail: This classic cocktail is perfect for any occasion. Simply combine Champagne, aromatic bitters, and a sugar cube in a flute glass. Stir gently and enjoy!
– Kir Royale: A Kir Royale is a French classic made with Champagne and crème de cassis. To make this cocktail, simply pour 1/2 ounce crème de cassis into a champagne glass. Add 6 ounces chilled dry champagne or sparkling wine by pouring it slowly to prevent it from bubbling over.
– Aperol Spritz: This punch is perfect for warm weather outdoor parties! Fill a wine glass with ice and let chill for 30 seconds. Pour in 2 ounces of Aperol, 3 ounces of Prosecco and a splash of soda water. Give it a few stirs to combine then garnish with an orange slice.
We hope you enjoy celebrating Sparkling Wine Week with these festive cocktails!
Sparkling Wine Facts
– Many of the world’s best sparkling wines are made by the méthode traditionelle, or traditional method, where still wine is bottled before additional yeast and sugar are added. Under a crown cap, typically, the yeast ferments sugar into alcohol until dry, which gives off CO2. The bubbles in sparkling wine are actually created by the carbon dioxide gas that is dissolved in the wine.
– Sparkling wines can be made from any type of grape, but the most common varieties used are Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier.
– Cava is a type of Spanish sparkling wine that is made using the traditional method.
– Melchizedek is the largest bottle of Champagne in the world. It’s equal to 40 standard bottles of sparkling wine, or exactly 30 liters.
RayLen Vineyard’s Fizzzy Options
As summer approaches, we start to think about all the fun wine appreciation days that come along with it. Sparkling Wine Week is a great excuse to enjoy a glass (or two) of your favorite bubbly wine. Here at RayLen Vineyards, we have two sparkling wines to choose from, including our popular Fizzzy Bluzberry and Fizzzy Rosé. So whether you’re hosting a party or just looking to enjoy a glass of something special, we’ve got you covered!
Our Fizzzy Bluzberry is the perfect choice for any occasion. This sparkling wine is made with different varieties of white wines blended with our estate-grown blueberries, now a trade secret, resulting in a sweet fizzy wine that is balanced and refreshing. If you’re looking for another fruity option, our Fizzzy Rosé is a great choice. This sparkling wine is blushed by Petit Verdot and has delicate aromas of mango, honeydew melon and fresh cut flowers. It’s the perfect summertime sipper! Try mixing Fizzzy with lemonade for a refreshing Fizzzy lemonade mimosa. Both Fizzzy options are available in bottles and cans, so you can take them to-go for your next picnic or pool party.
No matter which bubbly wine you choose, we hope you enjoy celebrating Sparkling Wine Week with us! Cheers!